Dr. Candido Fuentes-Felix, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Dr. Candido Fuentes-Felix is an internationally known plastic and cosmetic surgeon practicing on Long Island, NY for over 34 years. He is a dual board-certified surgeon, certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Dr. Fuentes obtained his bachelor’s degree majoring in biology from the University of Puerto Rico, and his medical degree from the Autonomous University of Guadalajara, completing his medical schooling at the University of Puerto Rico Medical School Fifth Pathway Program.
After graduating, he interned in general surgery at Metropolitan Hospital in New York City and completed his general surgery residency at the State University of New York at Stony Brook. He then completed a plastic surgical residency at the University of Rochester Medical Center at Strong Memorial Hospital. In 1985 he founded his private practice, Fuentes Cosmetic Surgery Center, located in Huntington, New York.
Individualized Care With Desired Results
Dr. Fuentes specializes in many of the most popular aesthetic procedures, including, but not limited to, breast augmentation, rhinoplasty, abdominoplasty (tummy tuck), facelift, and eyelid surgery. He is well-known for his expert repair of facial injuries and reconstructive surgical procedures. Affiliated with many of the most notable hospitals on Long Island, he has helped thousands of community members with emergency plastic surgical services, as well as aesthetic and reconstructive procedures.
Dr. Fuentes provides the most individualized care by thoroughly assessing the goals of his patients and their candidacy for possible procedures. His priority is the maintaining the safety of his patients while producing results they want.
Dr. Fuentes has served as Chairman of the Ethics Committee for the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery, as well as Chairman of the International Committee for the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery. He is also a co-founder of the International Symposium for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, and has presented on a variety of topics in the United States and abroad, including Facial Injuries and Reconstruction, Aesthetic Surgery of the Face and Eyelids, and Reduction Mammoplasties.
Current Hospital Affiliations
- Glen Cove Hospital
- North Shore University Hospital at Manhasset
- Huntington Hospital
- Plainview Hospital
- Syosset Hospital
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- Long Island Community Hospital, formerly known as Brookhaven Memorial Hospital
- St. Francis Hospital
- St. Joseph Hospital
- St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center
- Mather Hospital
- St. Charles Hospital
Board Membership and Participation
- Past Chairman, Ethics Committee, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Past Chairman, International Committee, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Member, Innovative Procedures Committee, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Chairman, ASAPS/ASERF International Symposium – 2001
- Co-Creator, International Symposium, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Member, Innovative Procedure Committee, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Member, Admissions Committee – Northeast Region, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Facial Injuries and Reconstruction
- Ear Reconstruction
- Thoracic and Abdominal Wall Reconstruction
- Augmentation Mammoplasty and Mastopexy
- Local Anesthesia
- Skin Flaps
- Reduction Mammoplasty
- Aesthetic Surgery of the Face and Body
- Breast Reconstruction
- Burns of the Face and Body
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Squamous and Basal Cell Carcinomas
- American Medical Association
- New York Medical Society
- Suffolk County Medical Society
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- The Society for Latin American Plastic Surgeons of the United States and Canada
- International Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- “Total Arm Flap: An Alternative Method of Chest Wall Reconstruction.” PRS, June 1986